[uf-discuss] vote-for

David Osolkowski qidydl at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 10:23:39 PST 2006

On 11/1/06, Scott Reynen <scott at randomchaos.com> wrote:
> There is already an established meaning for rev="vote-for", and the
> reverse of that doesn't really communicate anything useful.

I don't know about that; I could certainly imagine, say, a proposal
asking people to vote by making blog posts and linking, and then the
proposal has a list showing who voted.  It shouldn't be
*authoritative*, because only the person casting the vote can say for
sure that they voted a certain way.

> > What about <a href="javascript:somevotingfunction()" rel="vote-
>
> I believe that means the page containing this link is voting for a
> JavaScript function.  Probably not what you want to communicate.

Hmm, isn't that backwards?  somevotingfunction() is a vote-for the
current page.  See the FAQ entry that you yourself linked.  I very
much doubt that such a link makes sense, though.

- David