[uf-discuss] To-do (Was: Actions)

Rob O'Rourke rob at sanchothefat.com
Wed Nov 1 15:30:28 PST 2006

Scott Reynen wrote:
> On Nov 1, 2006, at 2:48 PM, Justin Thorp wrote:
>
>> A lot of events or things that I would put on my calendar have events
>> that are associate with them in some way.
>>
>> Maybe a professor could mark up his course outline with a ToDo
>> microformat.  The user could then easily grab the ToDos and load them
>> into his/her Outlook or TadaList.
>
> If you're interested in a to-do microformat, you might want to start
> documenting examples of online to-do list markup and existing to-do
> list formats.  For an example of the latter, there's a to-do component
> in vCalendar which was never incorporated into hCalendar.  See:
>
> <http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-brainstorming#To-Do_information>
>
> Peace,
> Scott

Cool, cheers Scott,

I'm going to make a start getting a few examples together in answer to
the two questions in that section. I've only used basecamp and mozilla
sunbird for this kind of thing before so I've got a ton of reading to do
first but essentially the vtodos it exports via iCal can reference
milestones/events or act as standalone todo lists. I'm not sure if this
works by embedding vtodos in the vevent or using an include method for
referencing yet.

This is where my research is starting but the page has a bare minumum of
info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICalendar#To-do_.28VTODO.29

Can anyone suggest better resources?

I can foresee vtodos and the little extras they offer embedded in a web
page and enabled by some PHP/AJAX combo because by definition they need
to be dynamic e.g. status changes.

Rob O