[uf-discuss] hCite progress

Jeremy Boggs jeremyboggs at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 11:16:10 PST 2006

On Nov 14, 2006, at 12:36 PM, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> But it's still a fairly narrow kind of use case.

I agree that its a narrow kind of use case, but book reviews are very
common, and the structure of a book review is fairly standardized.
Every book review that I've read has included the page count.
Granted, I would need to do more research about this to make a more
substantiated claim; I'm only familiar with arts/humanities reviews,
specifically history books in academic journals.

So, if page count is out of the scope of hCite, and if it turns out
(from my observation about media-info) that it doesn't fit into the
media-info format, would page count just not be marked up at all? So,
if I'm reviewing a book and want to include the bibliographic
information of the book wtih hCite, I would just not mark up page
count with any semantic meaning?

Thanks,
Jeremy