[uf-discuss] hCite progress

Ross Singer ross.singer at library.gatech.edu
Thu Nov 16 16:37:31 PST 2006

On 11/16/06, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

> I'm not sure what you think can be achieved by such an asinine comment.

Look, we all have our use cases.  All I'm asking is that if total
number of pages is omitted, are your hopes dashed?

My use case, OpenURL linking, has fairly specific (and, honestly,
arbitrary) requirements.  ISxN (or, if not available, journal/book
title), volume, year.  If there's a DOI, then we're golden.

Honestly, the more metadata the merrier.  But I think inclusion of
more metadata elements than absolutely necessary will be a turn off.

-Ross.