[uf-discuss] hCite progress

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Thu Nov 16 17:47:28 PST 2006

On Nov 16, 2006, at 6:37 PM, Ross Singer wrote:

> Honestly, the more metadata the merrier.  But I think inclusion of
> more metadata elements than absolutely necessary will be a turn off.

Exactly.  We'd all like more structured data on the web.  But
creating structures for data doesn't always lead to more structured
data.  Sometimes it leads to less, because between the structure and
the data is publishers, who we have to convince to apply the
structures to the data.  That's why we target the the most common
(e.g. 80%) use cases.  It's nothing personal against
hYourFavoriteDataType.  And the data isn't going anywhere, so
whatever we don't microformat today can always be microformatted
tomorrow.

Peace,
Scott