[uf-discuss] New Drupal Microformat module in development

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Mon Nov 20 10:00:48 PST 2006

On Nov 20, 2006, at 10:09 AM, Tane Piper wrote:

> I have recently started a new project in Drupal to support
> Microformats.
>
> It's currently in Alpha development, with the main focus on getting
> hCard and hCalendar support in first.

Neat.  You might want to look at these:

http://factorycity.net/demos/drupal/event_system/microformats/
http://www.allinthehead.com/hkit

Also, Drupal allows you to use both PHP and HTML as template
syntaxes, so do you really need to add yet another syntax?

> On a sidenote, I have been looking at creating my own microformat. I
> work in the music industry and I have been looking into the idea of
> hMusic - a microformat for displaying single/album information which
> would include name and artists information, a pack shot (image) and
> track listings.  You can see my idea at
> http://digitalspaghetti.me.uk/drupal5/node/5 and I would again
> appreciate any feedback on this, whether it's worth pursuing as per
> the microformats.org submission guidelines.

"My own microformat" is really an oxymoron, as the value of
microformats comes almost entirely from the shared vocabulary
developed within a community.  (Similarly, a language only one person
spoke wouldn't last long.)  Luckily, the community has already
started work on this:

http://microformats.org/wiki/media-info

Peace,
Scott