[uf-discuss] Why not allow tags on within page links?

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Fri Nov 24 10:28:49 PST 2006

Why not also allow tagging on within-page links (i.e. after "#" as well
as after "/")? Then, if I have a page with sub-sections, each of those
could be a tag, according to their ID:

        <ul class="navbar">
        </ul>

        [...]

        <h2 id="whisky">"Whisky</h2>
        [...]

        <h2 id="wine">"Wine</h2>
        [...]

the only issue I can see would be backwards capacity if the link was to
a sub-section of a second (or external) page :

        rel="tag">Beer</a>

which existing parsers might interpret as a tag of:

        apage#beer

--
Andy Mabbett
                Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>