[uf-discuss] Mailing list debate moved & new proposal

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 20:08:51 PST 2006

On 11/15/06, Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com> wrote:

> I'm all in favour of integrating forums and mailing lists.  A message or post is just a block
> of data to be stored in a database.  Data is entered or extracted either by e-mail or a
> browser, or a news client, or an IRC client, or a Wiki, or anything else capable of I/O.

It seems that this whole thread comes down to offering a forum "view"
of this mailing list -- along with feeds and other niceties that a
dedicated interface affords.

Well, you can already use Gmane to read this list (as Tantek pointed
out to me), though there're no feeds available:

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.microformats.general

So I took it upon myself to mirror this list in Google Groups...
because, in particular, the groups beta has a nice interface for
dealing with the content found on this list. It's not ideal and Tantek
can accuse me of reinventing wheels and spinning my own, but I, at
least, find this alternative view useful:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microformats/

Let me know what you think. Currently it doesn't allow posting as it's
a read-only mirror.

Chris

--
Chris Messina