[uf-discuss] Mailing list debate moved & new proposal

Ben Buchanan microformats at 200ok.com.au
Mon Nov 27 14:44:26 PST 2006

> I agree.  Creating a list for each proposal seems unmanageable and
> would result in a lot of dead lists eventually.

I imagine that there'd still be one or two "main" lists and the others
might have bursts of activity, but mostly they'd just sit around
empty. Given the overheads for both admins and users, the less email
lists to faff around with the better...

> Personally, I quite like watching the general chatter about various
> proposals - rather than having to subscribe to each individual one.

I do think the general chatter also increases the chances of
cross-pollination, ie. getting people to jump in on a thread rather
than hoping they'll sign up to an entire new email list.

cheers,
Ben

--
--- <http://weblog.200ok.com.au/>
--- The future has arrived; it's just not