[uf-discuss] Marking Up Personal Profiles

Chris Casciano chris at placenamehere.com
Mon Oct 2 14:00:41 PDT 2006

On Oct 2, 2006, at 12:32 AM, Karl Dubost wrote:

>> It is irrelevant what some sites "may" do.  What is relevant is
>> what sites
>> *actually* do.  Do you have any other examples?
>
> Go explore sites in other languages than English, then gather the
> results, and you might understand what sites are *actually* and
> *practically* doing.

It may be worth looking at the recent changes istockphoto has made
wrt. localizing tags [as part of a bigger localization effort] before
getting too deep into this conversation on one side of the other.
I've only caught a wiff of it for mentions of transition problems,
but it sounds like an interesting *and* real world/live example of
wrestling with the issue of translations and or similes in tagging.

--
[ Chris Casciano ]
[ chris at placenamehere.com ] [ http://placenamehere.com ]