[uf-discuss] geo - accuracy of coordinates

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Tue Oct 3 15:05:37 PDT 2006

In message <8B521D50-27C4-487F-AD5D-48B304A7E011 at lava.net>, Colin
Barrett <timber at lava.net> writes

>>> Instead of criticizing the structure of his argument, why not reply
>>> the content?
>>
>> Perhaps you missed th fact that I did.
>
>Minimally, at best.

So, first you insinuate that I did not reply to the content, then you
acknowledge that I did. Can you see what's wrong with that, yet?

>Your pedantry is becoming quite grating.

Someone once wrote that "'Pedant' is what people who care about accuracy
are called, by people who don't" Don't you think that pedantry is
important, when considering matters relating to specifications and
standards, in computing?

>I don't think I'm the only person on this list who is more than a
>little annoyed by your antics as of late.

Oh dear.

[...]
>you seem to be  very resistant to debating things with others, which is
>the entire  point of this list.

On the contrary; I'm very, very keen to debate ideas - but not with
people who use dishonesty as a debating tool, or who tell me to "shut
up", in not so many words, when they don't have an argument to defend.

--
Andy Mabbett
                Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>

                Free Our Data:  <http://www.freeourdata.org.uk>