[uf-discuss] Idea: beginners/getting started list

Chris Ball chris at rubal.co.uk
Fri Oct 6 03:00:34 PDT 2006

Drew McLellan said:
> So that's the idea for discussion. It may be naive. My motivation is to
> reach to the average designer and developer folk in a way that's
> accessible to them.

I think it's a great idea, personally. As someone who is rather new to
microformats myself, I found the wiki could be a confusing place to get
information at times. I think if uF had some sort of basic mailing list
and maybe a couple of 'Microformats for dummies' style tutorials, then
there could be a higher adoption of them amongst the younger/newer
designers and developers.

>From what limited experience I've had with projects, people who are new to
the project often find it difficult to ask what could be silly questions,
especially when people who might be seen as 'core members' are around.

Of course, another up-side is that if they are getting help from uF
directly then you can ensure that the practices, structure and semantics
behind the different microformats are used as they should be.

--
chris [at] rubal [dot] co [dot] uk
blueNine: