[uf-discuss] currency quickpoll results and suggested next step
gl at brixlogic.com
Mon Oct 16 15:06:48 PDT 2006
See below the results for "What do you think are the  most important
features [out of 8] for the currency proposal?"
Thank you to all who have participated.
My recommended next step is to edit the current proposal so that it
focuses only on the 3 top features below, with the goal to get a first
version, lean yet functional, officially approved as soon as possible,
and push back the other features to a subsequent version.
Let me know what you think.
* Identification of currency used (ex. US dollars versus Canadian
Majority (50% and more):
* Currency unit/denomination used identification (ex. dollar versus
cent, pound versus shilling) - 62.5%
* Amount identification from other part of the text - 62.5%
* Global currency definition (ex. all amounts in table are in US
* Support for combination with units (ex. $34 per gallon, $2 per miles)
Minority (50% and less)
* Currency symbol identification from other part of the text (ex.
"$" is the dollar sign) - 12.5%
* Dated money amounts (ex. Five 1929 US dollars)
* Support for non-numerical representation (ex. 10 dollars 99 cents,
five pounds 23 pence)
More information about the microformats-discuss