[uf-discuss] hCard-o-matic toplevel div not address?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 20:15:44 PDT 2006

>> The address tag ... is designed to markup information related to the
author of a particular page

Too bad sites like the following don't make that more clear (reading it I
never would have come to the conclusion that it was for the author of the
current page):

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_address.asp

Why do I bring this page up?  This site is the first Google search result
for "HTML address tag" and as such I'll bet a lot more people learn about it
at places like this than the W3C specification which means probably tons of
<address> tags used for reasons other than just the author of the current
page.

JMTCW,

-Mike