[uf-discuss] hCalendar spec- no specification included!

Benjamin West bewest at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 15:15:55 PDT 2006

On 10/18/06, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

> You forgot:

Actually, I was summarizing and synthesizing, not forgetting.

> * Veteran Experts
>  * Looking for new things
>  * Might be looking/adopting things for the sake of coolness/newness
>    * uF's seem new and cool?
>  * Probably little exposure to uF (did they see it mentioned in a
> blog, search, or conference?)
>
> * Bleeding Edge Adopters
>  * Fulfilling obligations from above
>  * Trusted expertise for business decisions
>  * Referred from a non-expert source to check viability
>
> HTH

I'm not sure this helps.  This essentially washes out the picture of
two types of users.  Perhaps we should continue coalescing to include
humans in general, because looking for new things is in the nature of
the human spirit.

My approach to this is to identify differences, although subtle,
between users in order to better understand what kinds of resources
would be most helpful.  To do that, I'm attempting to build consensus
using synthesis and simple questions.

I'm a little confused about what you are suggesting.  Can you
elaborate?  My current thoughts are that you meant either to say that
there is only one type of new user, or that the list proffered is
useless.  Then again, I'm not a mind reader, so feel free to correct
me.

Ben