[uf-discuss] Page-Global solution to Size Considersations (was Size considerations (or how to choose))

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 01:02:12 PDT 2006

Maybe the size per amount marked-up can be addressed by focusing on
providing a page-global solution?
I don't know what's been discussed along those lines but here are my three
cents:

1.) It seems like it should be a Design Pattern and not just something for a
single Microformat

2.) I think it should allow multiple "defaults"; consider a page with 1500
money values where 500 are in USD, 500 are in GBP, and 500 are in EUR.  Plus
satisfying #1 would require multiples.

3.) I think it should be able to be applied anywhere in the document; i.e.
inside the <body> tag.  Consider a Wiki or a CMS that doesn't allow a page
author to modify the headers of a page.

JM3CW.

-Mike