[uf-discuss] Microformats vs. CalDAV?

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 05:16:49 PDT 2006

The other great thing about exposing your data as microformats, is
that the data becomes Open Data. Will the general public have access
to the CalDAV? (probably not) and even if they did, it will probably
only serve-up .ics files... what if i don't want ICS? i need to then
hack that around to get it into the format that i want... if the data
were in the HTML to begin with, then i could EASILY convert that to
any format i wanted. Also, sites like http://pingerati.net/ will
happily take in hCalendar data and aggregate it, make your data more
valuable and easily slurped up by other providers - i don't see that
happening as easily with a CalDAV.

-brian

On 10/20/06, Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I spoke to the CalDAV chaps at Apple about this, they have hCalendar
> support as a ticket in their db:
>
> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/calendarserver/ticket/19
>
> Cool!  Thanks.
>
> -Mike