[uf-discuss] hResume - Marking up experience and "present" date

fantasai fantasai.lists at inkedblade.net
Tue Oct 24 06:00:48 PDT 2006

Ryan King wrote:

>> Unfortunately I don't think ISO8061 has a way of representing 'now' -
>> the only thing I could suggest would be that you set it equal to the
>> document's publication date, maybe using PHP as you suggest.
>
> Ugg, that's annoying. I think I actually missed this when writing
> hResume. I wrongly assumed that VEVENTS with no DTEND were ongoing.
>
> For the sake of publishers, it might be useful to find a way for people
> to say 'now' or 'present' in hCalendar.

I think having an explicit dtend with an empty string as the value would be
a good (and l10n-friendly) way to do it. This way you can write things like

   since <abbr class="dtstart" title="2004-03-02>March 2004</abbr><span
     class="dtend"></span>

as well as
   <abbr class="dtstart" title="2004-03-02>March 2004</abbr> &ndash;
     <abbr class="dtend" title="">Present</abbr>

~fantasai