[uf-discuss] Internet Explorer 8.0 will support microformats

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Mon Oct 30 06:31:48 PST 2006

On 30 Oct 2006, at 13:48, Mike Schinkel wrote:
> I've got a question about this.  To say IE8 will support Microsformats
> doesn't make sense to me, unless they means it will support the
> Microformats
> agreed to at the point IE8 is made feature complete.  But what
> about those
> that come after?

With no first-hand announcement I can't be entirely sure, but I
suspect what Chris means is ‘IE8 will support _some_ Microformats’.
E.g. it might have automatic handling of hCard and hCalendar entries
for clipboard functionality and integration/subscription in Windows
Vista's new Contacts manager and Windows Calendar.

Ben