[uf-discuss] hResume check

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 05:25:03 PST 2006

Hello Rob and welcome to the list.

I have had a look at your Resume and had a few
suggestions/comments/improvements. Some are just personal taste and
you don't actually have to implement all of these suggestions.

First. There is a known issue with Safari (maybe others) with an
<object> element. There is a default of something like 200px height
and width. So you will want to add a CSS rule that says something
like:
object.include { height: 0px; width: 0px;}

You have the following in your hCard:
BSc. looks like an ABBR to me. (it is optional) but you could add some
semantics here.

I know it is commented out, but you have the following:
<!--<address class="adr">
</address>-->

That is not actually the correct semantic use for the <address>
element. There have been several other thread (and probably who
webpages) dedicated to what it really means.

You have:
That should be:

You have:
<a class="org url" href="http://www.versatilia.com">Versatilia Ltd</a>
This is a company (you use class="org"). The FN property is required
for an hCard, so that should be:
<a class="fn org url" href="http://www.versatilia.com">Versatilia Ltd</a>
This goes for all your vevents

Otherwise, it looks pretty good. Once you have made those changes, run
it through Tails and X2V to see what the vCard/iCal output is, and see
if that is what you expected.

The page currently validates
(http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Frobert.o-rourke.org%2Frobert-orourke-cv.html)
which is great! Microformats work best on valid HTML.

-brian

On 10/30/06, Rob O'Rourke <rob at sanchothefat.com> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I've been attempting to follow this list and the uF developments with
> (hopefully) some understanding of what its all about. I'm working on my
> CV, marked up with hResume, and would like to get some feedback on the
> implementation.
>
> http://robert.o-rourke.org/robert-orourke-cv.html
>
> I've a feeling there are some dodgy bits where I've combined an
> experience vevent .location with the experience vcard's .adr, is this ok
> to do?
>
> If anyone has any subjective (constructive) criticisms I'd be happy to
> read them off-list.
>
> Thanks,
> Rob O

brian suda