[uf-discuss] hResume check

Rob O'Rourke rob at sanchothefat.com
Tue Oct 31 11:58:18 PST 2006

Brian Suda wrote:
> Hello Rob and welcome to the list.

Thankyou =]

> I have had a look at your Resume and had a few
> suggestions/comments/improvements. <snip> ... </snip>
>
> Otherwise, it looks pretty good. Once you have made those changes, run
> it through Tails and X2V to see what the vCard/iCal output is, and see
> if that is what you expected.

It's better than I expected! A massive thankyou for taking for taking
time out of your busy schedule to review my work. I have implemented all
of your suggestions so far.

X2V and Tails have caught all the uF instances in there and the .include
method seems to be working in both except for one possible peculiarity
in the Tails display. The vCards nested in my experience vEvents display
the company name at the top and then it writes out the company name
again just above the address (I'm guessing this is taken from org and fn
is what appears at the top). Because of the include should this be
over-riding the company fn and writing out my name at the top instead?
Or is having the company name as the fn here appropriate? It looks odd
because it has my job title under the company name and then followed by
the company name again.

At first I thought it was because I'd left the fn org and url classes
within the adr in my experience vEvents but moving them out hasn't made
a difference.

Any ideas?

> The page currently validates
> (http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Frobert.o-rourke.org%2Frobert-orourke-cv.html)
>
> which is great! Microformats work best on valid HTML.
>

> -brian

Good job I've got the hang of writing valid code then!
Thanks again for the help.

Rob O

P.S. I'm not happy with the visual design yet so it'll probably be
different or even broken if you visit again.