[uf-discuss] AUMFP and hResume

Steve Ganz steve at ganz.name
Sat Sep 16 21:52:47 PDT 2006

On Saturday, September 16, 2006 1:10 PM David Janes wrote:

> I've been updating my "Amost Universal Microformat Parser"
> and, in particular, been looking to support hResume [1]. To
> test it, I've run all the samples provided on the web against
> the AUMFP and posted the results here [2].
>
> My observations:
> - we should recommend that experience text be marked as a
> hCalendar "summary"
> - I'm not sure if class="contact" is required; it should be,
> I think; I call this a "quirk" if they're not there

Ryan can clarify, but when it comes to contact info, I don't believe it's
the class name of "contact" that's required, only that the author's current
contact info be marked up with hCard.

The use of the <address> element as the root element for author's hcard was,
at one time, required as a way to distinguish it as the author's contact
info. But due to the fact that <address> is not a block level element, it
made it somewhat inconvenient to implement.

Using a compound class name of "hcard contact" might be a good way to
distinguish the contact info for the author in lieu of using the <address>
element.