[uf-discuss] webdirections conference in Sydney, Australia

John Allsopp john at westciv.com
Mon Sep 18 21:57:15 PDT 2006

Hi all,

> http://www.webdirections.org/
>
> anyone here going to this?
>
> I noticed that John Allsopp is doing a talk on Microformats there.

well, I will be - well, I'd better as I am an organiser and a
speaker :-)

> I'm still trying to decide if I'm going - I'd love to go and its a
> very rare
> opportunity to go to something like this here in Sydney but the
> ticket price
> is very high. I can't see how very many people in this part of the
> world
> could afford such a high ticket price.

I think it would be too OT for me to address this, I've written to
Michael to explain the cost structure. Suffice to say to all here, by
world standards its pretty cheap. And we have a big expense in
bringing speakers to Australia from all over the world.

But, and this really is probably pushing it, sorry, if you are in
australia, and keen to go, email me and I'll make it a bit more
affordable for you.

john

thanking you for your indulgence