[uf-discuss] a very early draft proposal hTagcloud

John Allsopp john at westciv.com
Wed Sep 20 06:09:05 PDT 2006

David,

> If IE6 compatibility is the issue, why not do the rating+rel-tag+css
> selectors, plus a hack for backwards browsers?

> <abbr class="value" title="4">
> <a rel="tag" href="/tags/Web+Standards+Group" class="tsize4">
>  Web Standards Group
> </a>
>
> Where e.g. "tsize4" is not part of the semantics but rather a purely
> presentation hack?

this is predicated on the idea that the use of

class="vv-popular" is not an appropriate use of the HTML class
attribute.

I do discuss this in some detail in the article

http://microformatique.com/?page_id=34

title exists for "advisory information", while class for "general
purpose processing".

so, one important issue is

is title="vv-popular" for example, more correct HTML than

class="vv-popular"

?

John Allsopp

style master :: css editor :: http://westciv.com/style_master