[uf-discuss] 'currency' microformat straw-man proposal.

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Wed Sep 20 14:18:30 PDT 2006

In message <8F0BBC06-826B-4D1B-B4E5-6A1D605FEF16 at randomchaos.com>, Scott
Reynen <scott at randomchaos.com> writes

><abbr class="currency" title="USD">
></abbr>
>
>Isn't this suggesting that "42.67" is an abbreviation for "USD"?

I've commented before that microformats already "misuse" <abbr> in this
way.

>More generally, if the currency isn't published anywhere, doesn't  that
>make it out of scope for microformats?

The example, which you've only partially quoted, is a table row;
elsewhere in that Wiki entry, I've talked of such rows having header
cells; again, the wider issue is something I've addressed elsewhere.

How would you solve these two issues?
--
Andy Mabbett
                Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>