[uf-discuss] basic include pattern question

Michael McCracken michael.mccracken at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 18:26:00 PDT 2006

Hi, I was trying to use the include pattern to mark up some names on
my publications list, and I've run into a problem. I assume I'm just
missing something, since it's pretty basic.

I want to have one hcard at the top and reuse the data, but I also
want to reuse the actual displayed text for the browser, not just for
a microformat parser. What's the done thing here?

Here's what I am doing:

 <a class="url fn" href="http://www.cse.ucsd.edu/~mmccrack/">Michael
McCracken</a>

....later...

And of course, nothing is displayed. Am I misusing the pattern? Should
I just repeat the info that I want displayed?

Sorry for the newbie question, but I didn't find any examples that
discussed displaying the repeated data in the 20 minutes I had to look
:)

Thanks,
-mike

--