[uf-discuss] hidden microformats

David Osolkowski qidydl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 20:55:54 PDT 2006

On 9/27/06, Paolo Negri <hungrylist at gmail.com> wrote:
> On some pages I have all the infos about these items and I can produce
> very complete uformats. On other pages I render let's say just the
> name and the email of someone and it doesn't make sense to provide a
> less complete hcard than in a different page, and I absolutely can't
> add the extra information (address, role) as visible.

You might be able to link to the more complete information from the
simple content.  There's also nothing wrong with marking up the
simpler content with microformats; it's still contact information,
even if some of it is missing.

> Another problem is that there are a lot of data on the page and the
> bits to build the uformats are well spreaded on it so I have to put
> the main <div> or whatever at a very high level of the dom which is
> not really nice because it tends to group even some items that are not
> really in his context.

I have a vague feeling that there's a more basic problem with what
you're trying to do.  Could you give a link to an example of one or a
couple of these pages?  You can fill them in with bogus data if
there's any confidentiality, and you can use a pastebin if you don't
have a place to host them.

- David