[uf-discuss] Simile Timeline and microformats

Jason Garber jason at sixtwothree.org
Tue Apr 3 08:49:01 PDT 2007

Hi all, I've put together a quick-and-dirty demo for using Simile
Timeline [1] with a list of hCal events:

    http://sixtwothree.org/simile/timeline-example.html

I dug through the uf-discuss archives and didn't come across too much
talk of doing this. Simile Timeline is listed on the History Examples
page under Tools [2].

Either way, it's not completely bulletproof (yet), but it proves that
Simile Timeline can be used with microformats in an accessible manner
(out of the box, viewing a Simile Timeline page w/o Javascript gives you
no content). I've got a ways to go with it (importing icons, photos,
etc.), but wanted to get community feedback on the work so far.

Thanks!

Jason
jason at sixtwothree.org

[1] http://simile.mit.edu/timeline/