[uf-discuss] URLs in hrefs

Michael Smethurst Michael.Smethurst at bbc.co.uk
Thu Apr 19 09:45:54 PDT 2007

Afternoon all

Standard practice at the beeb has always been to use link urls relative to
the root:
href="/radio4/today"

Clearly these are of little use in a microformat (or any attempt to use html
as an api)

So my question is - are there any problems we should be aware of in
switching to full path urls? One or 2 developers have mentioned the
possibility of creating unnecessary connections but no-one seems sure

I've googled around but all the absolute/relative url discussions are web
tutorials from 1995 so thought u might be a good port of call...

Cheers
Michael

http://www.bbc.co.uk/