[uf-discuss] Re: Combining hCard and hCalendar

Peter Bremer peter.bremer+microformats at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 01:45:38 PDT 2007

> > I've got a table that lists a number of events and their organisers.
> > I'd like to include both hCalendars for the events, and hCards for the
> > organisers.
> >
> > Since each event is listen along with its organiser in a table row,
> > I've given CLASS="vcard vevent" to the TR. However, now I notice some
> > of the hCard and hCalendar attributes clash, especially "url" in my
> > case. The url is only meant to be included in the hCalendar, not in
> > the hCard.
> >
> > How should I handle this case where hCards and hCalendars are mixed
> > together, without getting conflicting attributes?
>
> Do you have a live URL we can look at?  Ideally you'd have
> class="vcard organizer" within the vevent rather than class="vcard
> vevent", limiting the scope of the hCard to the actual contact
> information.  That can be more complex in tables, but it is
> possible.  See:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-
> brainstorming#Tabular_event_calendars
>
> Peace,
> Scott

The site is dynamic and on the intranet, so difficult to show
something, but the basic layout of the table is thus:

| Event 1 | 01-01-2007 | example.org/event1 | Organiser 1 | email1 at example.org |
| Event 2 | 02-02-2007 | example.org/event2 | Organiser 1 | email1 at example.org |
| Event 3 | 03-03-2007 | example.org/event3 | Organiser 2 | email2 at example.org |

I would like to be able to extract 2 contacts and 3 events from this
table, and the url (example.org/eventx) should only be connected to
the event.
My table row template is as follows: