[uf-discuss] Tagging and Movable Type

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Sat Aug 11 09:05:31 PDT 2007

On Aug 11, 2007, at 5:24 AM, James O'Donnell wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Apologies if this is not the correct forum to ask this question.
> We've set up a Movable Type blog at
> http://www.nmm.ac.uk/rog and I'm experimenting with tagging blog
> entries like so:
> <a rel="tag" href="http://www.nmm.ac.uk/mt/mt-search.cgi?
> tag=meteors&blog_id=4">meteors</a>
>
> I notice that Operator and Tails both pick up the 'meteors' and
> 'perseids' tags on that page as 'mt-search.cgi'. Is there a simple
> way to fix this in the HTML, or is it a bug in the microformat
> parsing?

Query strings are not currently considered part of a tag space URL,
so parsers are properly assigning "mt-search.cgi" as the tag, as it's
the last portion in your URL path.  If running your own tag space is
important, you can probably accomplish tag space URLs (e.g. http://
www.nmm.ac.uk/tag/meteors/) with Apache's mod_rewrite, as described
here:

http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-tag-faq (See Q&A #4)

Otherwise, you can use an existing tag space on an external site.

Peace,
Scott