[uf-discuss] Tagging and Movable Type

James O'Donnell jim at eatyourgreens.org.uk
Sat Aug 11 09:23:43 PDT 2007

On 11 Aug 2007, at 17:05, Scott Reynen wrote:

> Query strings are not currently considered part of a tag space URL,
> so parsers are properly assigning "mt-search.cgi" as the tag, as
> it's the last portion in your URL path.

Oh, right. So the default Movable Type template isn't publishing the
microformat properly.

> If running your own tag space is important, you can probably
> accomplish tag space URLs (e.g. http://www.nmm.ac.uk/tag/meteors/)
> with Apache's mod_rewrite, as described here:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-tag-faq (See Q&A #4)

The link needs to go to the MT search script, and pass the tag name
and blog ID, since we run multiple blogs. But I think that can be
done with mod-rewrite.
Would "http://www.nmm.ac.uk/rog/tag/meteors/" cause any problems to a
parser? That URL contains enough info to identify both the blog and
the tag name.

We need to differentiate between the same tag used on different blogs
in the same installation of MT, you see. For example, 'see all posts
tagged with meteors' on the Observatory blog vs. the same link on the
museum library blog.

> Otherwise, you can use an existing tag space on an external site.

I don't think that's an option, unless another attribute is available
to declare the tag space. href is already taken with the target of
the link.

Cheers
Jim

Jim O'Donnell