[uf-discuss] dfn design pattern (proposal)

Michael MD mdagn at spraci.com
Mon Aug 20 18:24:25 PDT 2007

On 8/20/07, Michael MD <mdagn at spraci.com> wrote:
> quite easy I think...
> my own scripts that parse hcalendar don't really care what tag is used
> for dtstart or dtend - they look for those class names (and the title
> attribute)

>--- just a quick FYI, this would be an incorrect implementation. The
>appearance or the absence of the TITLE attribute does not control the
>parsing, it is the semantics of the property and the element.

I guess I wasn't very clear.
I was just commenting that the proposed dfn idea would be easy to implement
at the parsing end and that some parsers may already handle it with little
or no modification.

I was talking specifically about things like dtstart and dtend in hcalendar.

My scripts do not require the title attribute to be present, but if it is
there it will look at its contents for the value.

>The value of URL is NOT controlled by the TITLE, but instead the class URL
>and the 'A' element.

for url it does look in href rather than title for the value.