[admin] Re: [uf-discuss] inappropriate behaviour (was: Discussion ofpublic domain declaration template usage)

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Tue Aug 21 12:09:01 PDT 2007

In message <a06240803c2dc17dd1f45@[192.168.1.103]>, Eric A. Meyer
<eric at meyerweb.com> writes

>>Could you to provide the evidence that was used to conclude that Andy
>>failed to adhere to the "be nice" guideline /after/ the
>>private warning?
>
>   You mean besides posting a private message to a public list?

The message from which I quoted was not "private", It was sent to me "on
behalf of the microformats administration"

>   By the administrators.  Scott was simply the administrator who gave
>public notice of the action.
>   Interesting, that-- I always thought secret back-room cabals tried
>to keep evidence of their abuses secret, and that people responsible
>for shepherding a growing community and doing their best to preserve it
>were up front about their actions.  How I got those two switched around
>I'll never know.

You're quite correct; so how come the transactions of the group who
"shepherd" us (and who wants to be a sheep?) are secret; the full
membership of that group is secret, and references to the former's
existence have been removed from the "wiki":

Andy Mabbett