[uf-discuss] inappropriate behaviour

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Wed Aug 22 12:13:09 PDT 2007

On Aug 22, 2007, at 11:34 AM, Andy Mabbett wrote:

> My real concern is not with your intemperate response, but with the
> hypocrisy of an administration that allows you free reign to make
> one, but penalises another editor for disagreeing with a member of
> that administration, using far milder terms.

I think everyone here has free reign to make a mistake now and then.
We're only human.  It's only repeated mistakes that threaten to
change our community standards.  If the list were full of name-
calling, for example, people would start to think name-calling were
acceptable in this community.  So in those cases, we have to take
some action if we want to maintain our community standards.  In my
opinion, those tasked with this job do have an increased
responsibility to adhere to those standards (e.g. "be nice").  But
we're still only human, so we're still permitted the occasional
mistake, just like everyone else.

Peace,
Scott