[uf-discuss] Re: hCard multiple locations

Kevin Marks kevinmarks at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 16:16:37 PDT 2007

Conceptually vcard has multiple mailing addresses and one current location:

Type name: GEO

   Type purpose: To specify information related to the global
   positioning of the object the vCard represents.

   Type encoding: 8bit

   Type value: A single structured value consisting of two float values
   separated by the SEMI-COLON character (ASCII decimal 59).

   Type special notes: This type specifies information related to the
   global position of the object associated with the vCard. The value
   specifies latitude and longitude, in that order (i.e., "LAT LON"
   ordering). The longitude represents the location east and west of the
   prime meridian as a positive or negative real number, respectively.
   The latitude represents the location north and south of the equator
   as a positive or negative real number, respectively. The longitude
   and latitude values MUST be specified as decimal degrees and should
   be specified to six decimal places. This will allow for granularity
   within a meter of the geographical position. The text components are
   separated by the SEMI-COLON character (ASCII decimal 59). The simple
   formula for converting degrees-minutes-seconds into decimal degrees
   is:

        decimal = degrees + minutes/60 + seconds/3600.

   Type example:

        GEO:37.386013;-122.082932