[uf-discuss] Re: Precise Expansion Patterns

Paul Wilkins pmw57 at xtra.co.nz
Sun Dec 16 14:22:54 PST 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 10:59 AM, Michael MD <mdagn at spraci.com> wrote:
> I'm a bit concerned that if important machine readable data is completely
> hidden, people will forget to update it when they update the page.
> I thought that is one of the reasons title was chosen in the first place.
> (showing it on hover in many browsers would act as a reminder for authors to
> update it)

How then do we then handle situations where the machine data is
hostile to humans?
If someone is editing the page without seeing the code, they won't
know about the title attributes either. A most likely scenario that
remedies this is when people spot an error in their microformat, and
get in touch to have it corrected.

Is it possible to use a relationship attribute instead?

<a class="duration" rel="PT2M23S">2:23</a>

If not my favourite for avoiding the title attribute being expressed
still has to be

--
Paul Wilkins