Moderation [was RE: [uf-discuss] Andy Mabbet's moderation]

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 12:02:59 PST 2007

On 02/02/07, Scott Reynen <scott at randomchaos.com> wrote:

> I don't believe anyone has said they are only willing to participate
> in the -admin list secretly.  But a few haven't said anything at all,
> I assume because they're busy people.  I expect they'll be happy to
> add their names to the public registry when they get around to
> checking their email relating to the volunteer position.  Or maybe
> they'll see you've been calling them "secret police" with a
> connotation [1] that they would take someone away in the middle of
> the night to be murdered, and decide it was a mistake volunteering in
> the first place.  Either way, give it a little time and I expect the
> published list will soon reflect everyone on the list.

Perhaps some sort of page explaining not only who is in a restricted
group, why and how other community members can join may also be
information that would put fears at ease.

Do we have admin minutes? cat we read the logs for -admin? all of the
interactions within the administration of an organisation even a sudo
one need to be made public where they interact with the public.

A page dedicated to who is banned, moderated, for how long and _why_
might be helpful too.

Best Wishes, Martin Owens