[uf-discuss] Book microformat examples - published books or "web-first" books?

Jeremy Boggs jeremyboggs at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 11:56:24 PST 2007

I added two examples to the book-examples page[1], then I wondered:
Is the books microformat focused mainly on books that have been
published in print first, then published on the web? Or is the books
microformat open to including books published on the web first, then
published in print?

My first example is a web version of the _Iraq Study Group Report_,
which was originally published in print, then put on the web by the
Institute for the Future of the Book. The second example is McKenzie
Wark's _GAM3R 7H30RY_, which was published first as a draft on the
web before going to print.

I should note that the Institute for the Future of the Book has a
small number of other projects involving books published on the web.[2]

Best,
Jeremy

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/book-examples
[2] http://www.futureofthebook.org/