[uf-discuss] Book microformat examples - published books or "web-first" books?

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 09:34:02 PST 2007

On 10/02/07, Jeremy Boggs <jeremyboggs at gmail.com> wrote:
> I added two examples to the book-examples page[1], then I wondered:
> Is the books microformat focused mainly on books that have been
> published in print first, then published on the web? Or is the books
> microformat open to including books published on the web first, then
> published in print?

It ought to be either.  Since you're in the stage of the process
specifically dealing with collecting examples, you should be
collecting both kinds that ultimately end up being published and
consumed on the web.  I don't think the original source of the book
matters as long as it ultimately has been published, digitally and in
full, on the web.

So, I see no problems... unless I'm missing a trick.

Also - can we move this discussion over to the -new mailing list
[1][2] (rending this thread on -discuss closed).  I've already
included this reply onto it.  Thanks!

For -new - Original thread began here:
http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2007-February/008671.html

[2]http://microformats.org/discuss/