[uf-discuss] Microformats and Football

Rob Crowther robertc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 07:04:20 PST 2007

On 13/02/07, Frances Berriman <fberriman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just off the top of my head, you might think about combining hCard and
> hReview to describe a player and their abilities (or maybe even
> hResume for their sporting careers).

Both could also apply to teams.  Also hCalendar could describe
trophies/honours won.

The only thing really missing is a way of describing scores.  A
seperate score for each team, associated with the game itself (which
is perhaps hCalendar).  Could this be generic enough to support more
than just football - eg. Cricket, scores by innings, results like "won
by an innings and 53 runs" or Baseball where the box scores might be
required.  Or should it be a seperate 'score microformat' for each
sport which can then be slotted into a consistent framework?

Rob