[uf-discuss] Microformats and Football

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 07:16:38 PST 2007

On 13/02/07, Rob Crowther <robertc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13/02/07, Frances Berriman <fberriman at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Just off the top of my head, you might think about combining hCard and
> > hReview to describe a player and their abilities (or maybe even
> > hResume for their sporting careers).
>
> Both could also apply to teams.  Also hCalendar could describe
> trophies/honours won.
>
> The only thing really missing is a way of describing scores.  A
> seperate score for each team, associated with the game itself (which
> is perhaps hCalendar).  Could this be generic enough to support more
> than just football - eg. Cricket, scores by innings, results like "won
> by an innings and 53 runs" or Baseball where the box scores might be
> required.  Or should it be a seperate 'score microformat' for each
> sport which can then be slotted into a consistent framework?

Hmmmm.. good question.  I think score is certainly a beyond the scope
of an existing format that I can think of.

So, everything else relating to sports aside (I think existing formats
cover most aspects), this would be the only part that might need
rethinking.

I must admit, I'm not a sports fan so my domain knowledge is slight,
so I would benefit from seeing a nice range of examples of sporting
scores and what the important values are in relation to each other
first before ruling out all the existing formats though!

--
Frances Berriman
http://fberriman.com