[uf-discuss] rel="nsfw"

Colin Barrett timber at lava.net
Mon Jan 1 05:17:16 PST 2007

On Jan 1, 2007, at 2:18 AM, Ben Buchanan wrote:

> I'm not immediately convinced that it isn't it a relationship. NSFW
> would formalise the fact that document A:
> 1) contains a link to document B
> 2) document A's author considers document B "not safe for work" by
> their own standards

This isn't a relationship. This is document author A's opinion of
document B.

Tagging is probably a better uF for this, IMO. I like the idea, but
someone pointed out (before the post on this list) that it's the wrong
semantics for @rel. For the semantic web to go further, we really do
need to respect the semantics established in standards documents.

-Colin