[uf-discuss] previously non-referenced in the spec "References"

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Wed Jan 3 16:19:36 PST 2007

In message <C1C18355.843FC%tantek at cs.stanford.edu>, Tantek Çelik
<tantek at cs.stanford.edu> writes

>> Though, bizarrely, Tantek has reverted that.
>          ^^^^^^^^^
>Please refrain from making ad-hominem attacks on the mailing list.

You appear not to know what "ad hominem means".

> I made an editor judgment call
[...]
>That is sufficient reason.

!!

>Finally, note that this is yet another meta-discussion email that you
>have sent, and thus as promised, absent any objections from anyone else
>on the list (or IRC), you will shortly be banned from the mailing-list
>for a week.

I sent it *before* I received what was supposedly a *request* (and which
I only afterwards understood may apparently have been an instruction).

Is your e-mail not "meta discussion", also?

>I am sorry to do this, but your continued inability to listen to the
>requests that have been made,

I have "listened" to, and rejected, every such *request*.

> and your continued flood of meta-discussion emails on the list have
>left me no other choice in order to maintain the quality of discussion
>on this list.

Take responsibility for your actions; spare us the patronising "no other
choice" euphemism, please.

--
Andy Mabbett
            *  Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>