[uf-discuss] Operator: Microformat detection for Firefox 2

Alex Faaborg faaborg at mozilla.com
Thu Jan 4 02:56:32 PST 2007

Sorry for the delay in replying, just got back from vacation.

> Our challenge, in my estimation, is to move beyond simple data
> conversion (as useful as that is compared with what little we have
> today) and start to look at the meeting point between semantic data in
> webpages and behaviors that can be contextually applied to them.

I've been trying to brainstorm what these contextual behaviors might
be.  One approach could be to combine the detected information with
additional information to complete an action.  For instance,
generating driving directions from the user's home (which is in their
profile) to a location (which is exposed on the page using a
microformat).  Or checking if the user is free for a particular event
by automatically looking up the event's time slot in their calendar.

Can you think of other contextual behaviors that could be useful?

-Alex