[uf-discuss] Operator: Microformat detection for Firefox 2

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 07:26:01 PST 2007

On 1/4/07, Alex Faaborg <faaborg at mozilla.com> wrote:
> I've been trying to brainstorm what these contextual behaviors might
> be.  One approach could be to combine the detected information with
> additional information to complete an action.  For instance,
> generating driving directions from the user's home (which is in their
> profile) to a location (which is exposed on the page using a
> microformat).  Or checking if the user is free for a particular event
> by automatically looking up the event's time slot in their calendar.
>
> Can you think of other contextual behaviors that could be useful?

--- there is a greasemonkey script which will find any class="tel" and
convert that to a SKYPE callto: link. So another interesting
contextual behavior might be to have "Call this number" and possibly
use the callto protocol or something else?

With GEO you can use APIs from other sources such as geoURL and/or
Flickr, so if i find an hCa* with a GEO i can find other "interesting"
things with-in (5-10-15 miles/kilometers). [not as useful as the
callto, but interesting]

Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

-brian

--
brian suda
http://suda.co.uk