[uf-discuss] rel="tag"

Fil fil at rezo.net
Fri Jan 5 00:36:35 PST 2007

> >Seeing the tag implementation on Operator has made me question the
> >existing tagging standard.  With wordpress you may get something like
> >"?cat=13" for a tag or something that may not even be the intended tag
> [snip]
>
> I find this quite frustrating too. I've expanded on my thoughts at
> http://weblog.200ok.com.au/2006/01/limitations-of-rel-microformat.html
> so I won't rehash it here.

I second this, though I think it's easy (but admittedly ugly) for wordpress
or any other to do something like ?cat=13&cleartext=/tagName

> I also think the standard should require parsers to match the
> tag and the visible text (failure meaning the tag is rejected).

Careful with this: already having accents is not a piece of cake, but you
will have to match
      <a rel="tag" href=".../%E3t%E3">&eacute;t&eacute;</a>
and other niceties (and consider the charset)
You'll also have the case where the link is on an image...

-- Fil