[uf-discuss] Microformat to describe a broadcast

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Sun Jan 14 09:13:06 PST 2007

In message
<C758DF305837284A8DA71883046BC74E01D0FED0 at bbcxue219.national.core.bbc.co.
uk>, Michael Smethurst <Michael.Smethurst at bbc.co.uk> writes

>We're currently looking at using the event microformat on the
>redesigned radio 4 schedule page (and possibly throughout
>bbc.co.uk/radio4)

[For those unfamiliar, the current pages are at:
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/schedule/>]

That's splendid news. Please also consider hCard for contact details,
and hAtom for schedule listings.

>And we're wondering if a network/service (BBC 1, Radio 4, Radio 1 etc)
>could be described as a "location"

If I enter a radio or TV programme in my diary programme, I use
"location" to note what you call the "network/service".

While not a microformat. you might also consider using "link" headers.
or adding "rel" attributes to existing links, to indicate previous
(rel="prev"), next (rel="next") and parent (rel="up") pages, etc. See:

        <http://www.westmidlandbirdclub.com/diary/2007/02/htm>

for examples and please fell free to e-mail me privately if you need
further pointers.

--
Andy Mabbett

        <http://www.pigsonthewing.org.uk/uFsig/>