[uf-discuss] [hCite] dates

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Wed Jan 17 14:27:53 PST 2007

In message
<21e770780701170911r69f32d11m16ae183e6542881f at mail.gmail.com>, Brian
Suda <brian.suda at gmail.com> writes

>Then there is the weird senario in the UK where
>some Magazines come-out a month before their publication date.

Not some, but "most".

There are magazines which sometimes produce 13 monthly (or, rather,
4-weeekly) issues a year, labelled Jan-December, with an additional
"Summer" or "Winter" or suchlike Edition (Q does that, I think).

Then there are bi-monthly magazines, such as the RSPB's former Bird
Notes, dated “January-February”, “March-April”, etc. To
complicate matters, Vol. 30, covering 1962–63, included nine issues,
ending with the “Winter 1963–64” edition:

        <http://www.westmidlandbirdclub.com/biblio/birdnotes/>

--
Andy Mabbett     <http://www.pigsonthewing.org.uk/uFsig/>
                        Welcome to the 14-day week!