[uf-discuss] hCard agent

Mark mark at geekhive.net
Wed Jan 24 01:51:59 PST 2007

Hi All,

I'm pulling this question out of an earlier thread, because I think
maybe it was buried.

I'm trying to figure out a good way to label multiple phone numbers for
a given entity (in this case a performance venue) so that the labels are
human-useable, and of course work within the format.

For example, a concert hall has a number of "work" phone numbers, one
for the box-office and one for administration.  There might be yet
another number for a technical contact for discussing things like lights
and sound, stagecraft, etc.

I'm starting to think that the only way to communicate the different
purposes for these contacts with hCard is to treat them as separate, but
linked contacts.  My question is: is the agent attribute/property the
right way to insert this linkage?  If so how is it best used?  Should I
just embed one vcard in another, or should I use a URL?

Thanks for your time,

-mark